Birds impact to our daily lives in a number of ways. They feed on insects, rodents, worms, fish and countless other animals, controlling the population of pesky insects and rodents. Their songs and colors make outdoor recreation more enjoyable and enhance the beauty of nature.
Laws & Regulations
- Due to the many contributions of birds, there are laws and regulations the protect birds. Critter Control of Grand Rapids will work within these laws and regulations to help keep birds safe.
- While implementing bird control, Critter Control of Grand Rapids will educate clients on specific bird control methods.
Common Bird Pests
If you have ever tried getting rid of birds, you know just how hard it can be. Critter Control of Grand Rapids offers specific bird control methods to get rid of your most difficult bird problem.
Pigeons are filthy animals that will create an ugly and destructive mess outside of your business.
- Pigeon droppings will create erosion on many building materials and carry many diseases.
- Pigeons may also harbor fleas, ticks, lice, mites, and more in their feathers.
House Sparrow Problems
- House sparrows are aggressive birds that may harass and attack other native species.
- Sparrow flocks will cause extensive damages to home gardens and grain crops.
- House sparrow nests will create further damages by blocking drains and ventilation ducts in homes and businesses.
- Starlings enjoy eating fruits, like grapes, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, and apples, and are usually considered agricultural issues.
- Trouble is created when starlings invade farms where livestock are kept. Starlings will steal food and spread diseases among this area.
- When they gather in big groups, golf courses, lawns, parks, and the like will be covered in holes from the starlings' foraging.
- Swallows do not typically create a threat to humans, but a mother will become defensive of her offspring and may swoop to get predators away.
- Swallows droppings will create damages to cars, farm equipment, and some building materials.
- Farmers have reported a drastic feed loss when swallows form a large colony nearby.
House Finch Control
A great deal of house finch damage is a result of their food seeking behaviors.
- The birds will peck at ripening fruits and eat the seeds of various plants.
- Large flocks can decimate farmers' crops.
- Gardeners are frustrated when they eat budding blossoms or knock off flowering petals.
- Vineyard owners also notice a problem when house finches eat their grapes.
Bird Pest Solutions
- Critter Control of Grand Rapids has extensive experience in bird control solutions. We can get rid of birds and prevent them from returning. Our humane practices and relocation services will result in efficient bird control.
- The best bird control approach will emphasize deterrents, exclusion, or modification of buildings.
- Critter Control of Grand Rapids can identify your problem bird and create a unique plan to get rid of your bird problem quickly and efficiently.