- Ground squirrels are small burrowers found across the United States.
- While there are different species throughout the country, all ground squirrels share similar features and habits.
Common Ground Squirrel Problems
- They constantly chew to control the length of their teeth, which may result in aesthetic and structural damage to manmade buildings.
- While their diet includes several harmful insects and their presence can be considered beneficial, ground squirrels still eat a variety of both cash crops and ornamental plants.
- Their burrowing leaves holes in the ground that can make mowing difficult, dehydrate tree roots, and weaken the foundation of structures.
- Ground squirrels can host parasitic ticks, lice, mites, and fleas.
Ground Squirrel Removal
The best way to control and manage ground squirrels is contacting licensed pest professionals. Specialists eradicate populations both humanely and effectively, as well as find ways to keep the rodents from returning. Critter Control technicians have the tools, knowledge, and experience to trap and remove ground squirrels in a way that is safe for both the animal and any people involved
Call Grand Rapids Critter Control today! 616-202-2606
Request a Quote
Ground squirrels tunneling or making burrows in your yard? We control ground squirrels. Call your local Critter Control office today for effective ground squirrel removal and exclusion services.