MUSKRATs causing Problems?
- Large rodents that live in and near freshwater, muskrats are similar in appearance to beavers, though they are typically much smaller.
- They populate shallow-water areas throughout the United States and were once some of the most commonly trapped animals in the country.
- Typically dark brown in color, muskrats have dense coats that are practically waterproof and covered in coarse guard hairs.
Common Muskrats Issues
- The majority of muskrat damage is done to the ecosystems in which they live as their feeding habits cause deterioration of available food sources for other species.
- Homeowners that plant gardens near muskrat habitats can experience loss of crops.
- Muskrats will claw and bite both humans and pets in order to escape when they feel threatened, and they carry a variety of diseases and parasites, including ticks and lice.
Muskrats Removal Strategies
As muskrats reproduce quickly and become aggressive when cornered, trapping and removing them without professional assistance can be both dangerous and time-consuming. Critter Control specialists have the knowledge, skills, and tools to remove infestations of muskrats humanely and efficiently. Call Grand Rapids Critter Control today 616-202-2606.Request a Quote