GET RID OF OPOSSUMS
- In order to keep opossums out of yards and homes, habitat modification efforts can be employed.
- Remove overgrown shrubs and grasses to limit hiding places.
- Bring pet food in from the outdoors and secure trash can lids to limit food sources.
- Finally, building fences around gardens can restrict the pest's access to easy meals.
Common Opossum Issues
- Opossums can indeed find their way into homes, though it is usually by accident. The animal may enter through pet doors in search of food or shelter.
- More commonly, though, they will take up residence under porches, sheds, decks, and brush piles.
- When searching for food, opossums target garbage cans, gardens, pet foods, and compost piles.
Opossum Removal Services
As is the case with most wild animals, opossums become aggressive when they are cornered. They will bite, scratch, bare their teeth, and hiss in order to escape. Pets and people alike may be harmed in the presence of aggressive opossums and are then susceptible to the diseases they carry, such as tuberculosis, tularemia, and Chagas disease. Additionally, the marsupials can be infested with parasites such as fleas, ticks, mites, and lice.
As opossums carry various diseases and have sharp teeth and claws, individuals should never try to trap the animal without professional assistance. Critter Control wildlife removal specialists have the proper training, knowledge, and tools to capture and remove pest opossums from homes and businesses. Contacting trained professionals keeps families and pets safe and disease-free.
We can help you get rid of opossum problems. Call today: 616-202-2606Request a Quote